Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Skills




Davis has a new talent...drinking through a straw! I know - it's not such a momentous occasion, but it got me thinking about how kids do things in their own time. Take Drew, for instance. I was so worried that he would never start talking (I even talked with the speech therapist at the elementary school where I worked). But, the minute I started worrying, was the minute that he really started talking and talking and talking. He hasn't stopped since. I can name so many instances where my children have just waited until they were ready to start something new.


So, Kevin and I were talking the other night about how Davis just would not drink from anything other than his own sippy cup (he even refused to drink from a cup borrowed from Hayden the other day!) and it would be a whole lot easier when we go to Disney World this summer if we didn't have to carry a suitcase full of sippy cups. Then, this morning he wanted Drew's leftover juice and the rest is history.


P.S. I know this is a lot of writing for this particular occasion, but I got some really great pictures!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Those are sooooo cute!