Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Mistreating

I am so excited about my new-found confidence in mistreating! And I learned through so many other posts from The Nester's Mistreatment Party that it doesn't just have to be windows!

One talented blogger, Carrie from Buzzings of a Queen Bee, mistreated pillows! Imagine...no sew pillows! I'm going to have to try this one because I can't find any pillows that I like lately. I also need chair pads for my breakfast room table and I can't find ones that I like. Hmmm...maybe I can buy cheap-o chair pads and mistreat them! I'll be sure to take pictures!

See?! The ideas just keep coming!

Another really cool idea involved making window cornices from Kimba at A Soft Place to Land. I think I'm going to try this one in the Laundry Room! And maybe in the garage, too! Can you believe I have windows in my garage! You can tell what a country bumpkin I am when I am surprised that garages can have windows!

But, my favorite example of mistreating came a few weekends ago when Kevin took me to the Southern Living Idea Home near Asheville at Davidson Gap. That's right! The Southern Living Home was mistreated!

View of the house from the hill we had to walk down to get to the house!

This is the kids room. They tore (or, knowing Southern Living, made it look like they tore) long pieces of coordinating fabrics and hung them on a curtain rod. These pictures are of the window, but they also did the same kind of treatment in a doorway. I think I'll steal that idea for the playroom! They sewed pockets at the top of each strip, but I think it would be really cute to tie the strips to a rod!




So, you can tell that mistreating has really been on my mind! So has decorating the rest of our home. I'll be sure to post pictures as things start to progress!

No comments: