Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A New Recipe


I found a really easy recipe that Kevin, Davis and I really like. Drew doesn't like anything I cook, so his opinion doesn't count on this one!


I found a "Fake It" recipe in the October issue of Real Simple for Shepherd's Pie and thought I would share...


Easy Shepherd's Pie
serves 4


1 pound ground beef

1/3 cup ketchup

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables

1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 16-ounce package refrigerated or frozen and thawed mashed potatoes


Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the beef in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until no trace of pink remains. Spoon off and discard any fat. Stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Spoon the beef mixture into a baking dish. Mix the cheese with the potatoes in a medium bowl. Spread the potatoes over the beef and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.


Easy, right?! Hope you enjoy! Also, Davis is not actually eating Shepherd's Pie in the picture, but I was so proud that he was actually eating off of his little plate and not dumping it out, that I had to take his picture!


No comments: