Monday, February 25, 2008

Birthdays, Shoes, and Potato Soup

I haven't blogged in a week or so! I thought I would try and catch you up on what has been going on with the Fleming Boys!

First, and most importantly, Papa Frank and Papa Tony both celebrated birthdays this week. They are both so handsome and Kevin and I are so lucky to have such wonderful Dads (it's never too early to start the "buttering up" process for Christmas!). We are so thankful for them both.




Even more exciting news for Papa Frank - he has a new hip! He's pretty sore and it's challenging to get around right now, but he's a great patient because he knows how much better he will feel really soon!


Papa Tony is also our hero because Drew can tie his own shoes. Now, you may wonder, why is Papa Tony our hero and not Drew? Because Papa Tony was Drew's expert teacher (he's had years of experience tying shoes!). The picture is of Drew (and Davis) in their new Converse All-Stars, which was Drew's reward for learning to tie his shoes. They just happened to have Davis' size, too! Precious, right?!




The last thing I wanted to share was a Potato Soup recipe given to me by Ali White. Ali is mom to Sadie Anne, the cutie in the picture that I just had to share - Sadie Anne is actually in Davis' crib! Ali is also mom to Carleigh who is pictured with Drew in the Fiddlin' Pig post. Anyway, we had the potato soup for dinner on Friday and I will definitely make it again. Really simple and really easy! I think it came from Paula Deen's magazine.


Potato Soup

1 package (30 oz.) shredded/frozen hash browns
3 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
Pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp.)
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese

Combine all ingredients except cream cheese in the crock pot and cook for 5 hours on low. At the end of cooking time, add the room temperature cream cheese and stir (I also used my whisk) until melted. We added bacon, cheese and sour cream as toppings for our soup. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: