Monday, October 12, 2009

My Mom Rocks!


It's no secret how crazy I am about my family. But, my mom. Well, she's who I want to be. She is the most caring and loving person I know. She always know the right thing to say and she listens to all of my ramblings. She never speaks poorly of others - she always finds the best in a person, no matter what.

And now, as my own personal proof that cancer isn't fair and doesn't discriminate, she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She'll have surgery in a few weeks and then begin her treatments. She's ready and she tells me, "Whatever it takes to make this go away." She's ready for her fight and we are ready too.

Courageous and strong are the newest words that I use to describe my Mom.

She has so many friends and family that are praying for her right now, and I invite you to pray too. Even the dentist that she works for part-time is helping her fight. Every Monday, Dr. Ben Daniel in Greenville, South Carolina and his staff are wearing pink in honor of Mom. He's also donating a portion of his profits to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in honor of her. I love that! So, if you need a dentist in the Greenville area, I would highly recommend Dr. Daniel! Go see him and tell him you are there to honor Susan's fight.

Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm so going to switch dentists.